Deep Linking Setup
Deep Linking provides a way to open mobile app or appropriate Google Play/App Store page from GetSocial Smart Invites and Smart Links.
- Finished Getting Started with GetSocial Unity SDK guide.
- Finished Essential Smart Invites Setup on Unity guide.
- Finished Link Domain Configuration guide.
To set up deep linking follow the next steps:
- Login to the GetSocial Dashboard.
- Go to the “App setting” section.
Fill all the fields in “Google Play” and “Apple App Store” sections. We use those IDs to redirect user to the correct store from the Smart Invites Landing Page:
Open your project in Unity.
In menu go to GetSocial → Edit Settings. Ensure that App Id is valid and
AndroidManifest.xmlconfiguration is correct:
Android Setup Validation¶
Go to App info → Open by default, domain(s) specified in the intent filter should be listed in Supported links section:
Send the Smart Invite and click on the link, app should be opened:
iOS Setup Validation¶
- Switch Unity platform to iOS and build the project.
- Open generated Xcode project.
To validate Universal Links setup. Go to Capabilities and validate Associated Domain section:
applinks:domains should be added
- All steps should be checked. If needed, go to developer.apple.com to enable “Associated Domains” for your App ID.
To validate Custom Scheme setup for Deep linking on iOS 8. Open
Info.plistfile. Check if GetSocial URL schemes added:
- App is not opened after click on the GetSocial Invite Link
Option 1. Outdated provisioning profiles after enabling “Associated Domains” for your App ID. To solve it, just download the latest provisioning profiles from Xcode settings or developer.apple.com.
Option 2. Universal links do not work with wildcard app identifiers (i.e. im.getsocial.*). You have to create a new specific app identifier and new provisioning profile for your app.
Option 3. New
app.entitlementsin not included in the correct build target. To solve the problem, include
app.entitlementsinto the desired build target.
- Learn how to Send and Receive Referral Data.
- Understand how Smart Invites are performing with Analytics.