Creating Smart Links¶
- Integrate GetSocial SDK to the application you want to promote. See the guide for Android, iOS or Unity.
- Configure application to receive Smart Links. See the guide for Android, iOS or Unity.
Creating Smart Link on the Dashboard¶
To create a Smart Link for your marketing campaign:
- Login to the GetSocial Dashboard.
- Go to Smart Links section and press a New link button.
Configure the Smart Link properties and appearance in the social media like Facebook or Twitter:
Please note, the following keys are reserved and cannot be used in the Deep linking section. More generally, keys starting with
$(dollar sign) are reserved for future use by GetSocial:
All created links are available on the Dashboard in the “Smart Links” section.
After link creation you can perform the following actions:
- Copy link: copy the link to clipboard.
- See stats: will bring analytics to that particular link.
- Generate smart widget code: use the Smart Widget to quickly embed App Store / Google Play buttons to your mobile website with full attribution tracking. For visitors on PCs, show a one-click SMS form to send an install link to your users.
- Duplicate link: this option will duplicate the current link with all the link data (except for link alias).
- See preview: shows a preview of the landing page. Check landing page configuration guide.
Edit link. The button opens the view to edit all Smart Link properties except for the link alias.
Updates to the Link Configuration Will Not Reflect in Analytics for Previous Days
Changes to Smart Link channel, campaign, a medium will not be reflected only new analytics events. Historical data will not be updated.
Archive link. You can archive links to hide them from the campaign overview section if you are no longer promoting the link. Archive links are simply hidden from the overview. However, all the archived links continue to be valid and keep working as designed. Archived links also continue to accumulate analytics and can be unarchived later.
To archive, a link or multiple links select the appropriate links and click on the archive button. You can also select all the links in a campaign by selecting the campaign.
To view or unarchive the archived links, toggle the “Active/Archive” button from the overview section to Archived and select the unarchive option:
On the Dashboard, you can check how your campaign or individual link is performing. For instance here are sample stats for individual Smart Link:
- Setup mobile app to receive Smart Links on Android, iOS and Unity.
- Check the Smart Links best practices.
- Customize your Smart Link Domain.
- Customize the Landing Page.
- Setup webhooks to receive app install and app open events on your backend.