Introduction to GetSocial Smart Links¶
GetSocial Smart Links will take the user to your app with the best experience possible on every platform and every channel, whether or not your app is already installed.
Use Smart Links to run marketing campaigns, create one-off links to share on social media or build in-app referral campaigns with Smart Invites.
How Does it Work?¶
- Share anywhere: Use our Smart Links on your marketing campaigns as they work for all users across every platform, completely supporting contextual and deferred deep linking.
- Convert your mobile web traffic to app users: with our Smart Links, you can seamlessly transition users from your mobile and desktop website to the equivalent content within your app. Using Smart Widget and Smart Banners you can drive your desktop users to the mobile app.
- Links that survive app installation: Smart Links work seamlessly across both the App Store and the Google Play Store. This does not just make the installation process smooth but also ensure the recipient receives the content shared with him (whether or not they have your app installed).
List of Features¶
- Create, Update, View and Archive links:
- Create as many links as you need.
- Update link information and its content.
- View, search and compare links grouped under campaigns.
- Archive links that are no longer valid.
- Contextual Deeplinking and Deferred Deeplinking: contextual deep linking is similar to deep linking with additional functionality of storing information about the campaign, channel, medium and other custom data provided by you. This allows you to push metadata through the App Stores right into the app to create a personalized onboarding experience for your users.
- Webhooks: providing real-time event data for every app install events with contextual information. Details in the Webhooks documentation.
- Tracking and attribution: our proprietary device fingerprinting technology provides complete tracking and attribution. Get insights into the campaign, channel and medium performance, compare the performance of individual link in a campaign, etc. See more details here.
- App store detection: our Smart Links automatically detect user’s device and direct them to the appropriate store. iOS users are directed to the App Store, Android users are directed to the Play Store, desktop users are given an opportunity to SMS the link to themselves to continue the install from their mobile device.
- Branded Links: Brand all Smart Links with your custom domain. Check the configuration guide.
- Retargeting: Clicks on our Smart Links add users to your retargeting campaigns.
Smart Link Elements¶
Each Smart Link can have the following elements configured:
- Name: name you give a link so you can find it later on our dashboard, i.e. to update the link or view its performance.
- Campaign (or Influencer): every link belongs to a campaign, e.g. “Summer sale”. Campaigns usually contain one or more links so you can analyze its performance later and see where your campaigns are most effective, e.g. you could be running the summer sale campaign on multiple channels like Facebook, Email, LinkedIn, etc. so you can compare the results to see where your marketing is most effective.
You can also create multiple links for an influencer.
- Channel: the marketing channel where you will post the link, e.g. Facebook, Email, Linkedin, Twitter so you can analyze its performance later.
- Medium: The advertising or marketing medium, for example: cpc, banner, cpi.
- Description and Image: to populate the Open Graph tags that are used when sharing on social networks.
- Custom Data: i.e. your link’s data dictionary. For every link, you can provide custom data that will be passed along to your app after install (or directly via deep linking). You can also receive the same custom data via webhooks. By default, we send the link name, campaign, medium and channel information that you have defined for the link.
Link Url: You can define your link a custom domain. Check the configuration guide.
Link custom domain can not be changed
Once the link gets created you will not be able to edit this alias anymore.
How do Smart Links differ from Smart Invites¶
|Smart Links||Smart Invites|
|Useful for creating links to share on social media or run marketing campaigns||Useful for the user to user app invites from within your app|
|Links created manually from Dashboard||Links created dynamically from the app using our SDK|
|Analyze performance of links, campaigns, medium and channels, etc.||Analyze your app’s k-factor, cycle time, invite funnel, invite channel performance, etc.|
Smart Links Setup¶
Before launching a marketing campaign with Smart Links you have to:
- Integrate GetSocial SDK to the application you want to promote. See the guide for Android, iOS or Unity.
- Configure application to handle deeplinking. See the guide for Android, iOS or Unity.
- Check Smart Links best practices.
- Drive users from your website to the mobile app with Smart Widget and Smart Banners.
- Build in-app content sharing or referral campaign with Smart Invites.