Receive Smart Links on iOS¶
GetSocial Smart Links combine two types of mobile app linking:
- Deep Linking provides a way to direct the user to a specific location within a mobile app rather than simply launching the app.
- Deferred Deep Linking that allows users to deep link to content even if the app is not already installed.
Each Smart Link has associated referral data, which you can retrieve on the receiver side. This data consists of parameters you specify during link creation and additional metadata added by GetSocial.
- Finished Getting Started with GetSocial iOS SDK guide.
When the app will be live in the App Store, copy the App Store ID to the Dashboard. We use this ID to redirect the user to the correct page from the Smart Invites Landing Page.
To set up deep linking:
- Open your app in the iTunes web.
- Login to the GetSocial Dashboard.
Ensure that Bundle ID, Team ID and App Store ID are filled and matches the app you are integrating:
Setup Deep Linking¶
Retrieve Referral Data¶
Follow the Referral Data guide to see how to retrieve data attached to the invitation .
- If the app does not open after the clicks on GetSocial Smart Link, one of the following may be a problem:
Option 1. Some apps are blocking iOS Universal Links, e.g., Smart Links will not work in Telegram.
Option 2. Outdated provisioning profiles after enabling Associated Domains for your App ID. To solve it, just download the latest provisioning profiles from Xcode settings or developer.apple.com.
Option 3. Universal links do not work with wildcard app identifiers (e.g.,
im.getsocial.*). You have to create a new specific app identifier and new provisioning profile for your app.
Option 4. New
app.entitlementsin not included in the correct build target. To solve the problem, include
app.entitlementsinto the desired build target.
- Customize your Smart Link Domain.
- Customize the Landing Page.
- Setup webhooks to receive app install and app open events on your backend.
- Understand how Smart Links are performing with Analytics.