Receive Smart Links on React Native¶
GetSocial Smart Links combine two types of mobile app linking:
- Deep Linking provides a way to direct the user to a specific location within a mobile app rather than simply launching the app.
- Deferred Deep Linking that allows users to deep link to content even if the app is not already installed.
Each Smart Link has associated referral data, which you can retrieve on the receiver side. This data consists of parameters you specify during link creation and additional metadata added by GetSocial.
- Finished Getting Started with GetSocial React Native SDK guide.
To set up deep linking follow the next steps:
- Login to the GetSocial Dashboard.
- Go to the App setting section.
Ensure that Package name and Signing-certificate fingerprint fields matches the app you are integrating:
Ensure that Bundle ID, Team ID and App Store ID are filled and matches the app you are integrating:
Setup Deep Linking¶
Retrieve Referral Data¶
Follow the Referral Data guide to see how to retrieve data attached to the invitation .
Android Setup Validation¶
- Create a Smart Link from the Dashboard or send a Smart Invite.
Click on the link on your phone, your app should be opened.
Make sure to run this test on the device with Android 6+ and Android below 6, as we use different deep linking mechanics on pre-Android 6 devices.
Additionally on Android 6+ devices, go to App info -> Open by default, supported deep linking domains should be listed in Supported links section:
iOS Setup Validation¶
- Open Xcode project.
To validate Universal Links setup. Go to Capabilities and validate Associated Domain section:
applinks:domains should be added
- All steps should be checked. If needed, go to developer.apple.com to enable “Associated Domains” for your App ID.
To validate Custom Scheme setup for Deep linking on iOS 8. Open
Info.plistfile. Check if GetSocial URL schemes added:
Whitelist Test Devices
To get the install attribution on every install you have to whitelist your testing devices on the GetSocial Dashboard.
For more information check Whitelist Test Devices.
- App is not opened after click on the GetSocial Smart Link
Option 1. Outdated provisioning profiles after enabling “Associated Domains” for your App ID. To solve it, just download the latest provisioning profiles from Xcode settings or developer.apple.com.
Option 2. Universal links do not work with wildcard app identifiers (i.e. im.getsocial.*). You have to create a new specific app identifier and new provisioning profile for your app.
Option 3. New
app.entitlementsin not included in the correct build target. To solve the problem, include
app.entitlementsinto the desired build target.
- Customize your Smart Link Domain.
- Customize the Landing Page.
- Setup webhooks to receive app install and app open events on your backend.
- Understand how Smart Links are performing with Analytics.