Receive Smart Links on Unity¶
GetSocial Smart Links combine two types of mobile app linking:
- Deep Linking provides a way to direct the user to a specific location within a mobile app rather than simply launching the app.
- Deferred Deep Linking that allows users to deep link to content even if the app is not already installed.
Each Smart Link has associated referral data, which you can retrieve on the receiver side. This data consists of parameters you specify during link creation and additional metadata added by GetSocial.
- Finished Getting Started with GetSocial Unity SDK guide.
To set up deep linking follow the next steps:
- Login to the GetSocial Dashboard.
- Go to the App setting section.
Fill all the fields in Google Play and Apple App Store sections. We use those IDs to redirect the user to the correct store from the Smart Links Landing Page:
Open your project in Unity.
In menu go to GetSocial → Edit Settings. Ensure that App Id is valid and Android/iOS platforms are enabled:
Retrieve Referral Data¶
Follow the Referral Data guide to see how to retrieve data attached to the invitation .
Android Setup Validation¶
Go to App info → Open by default, supported domains should be listed in Supported links section:
Click on the link on your phone, your app should be opened.
iOS Setup Validation¶
- Switch Unity platform to iOS and build the project.
- Open generated Xcode project.
To validate Universal Links setup. Go to Capabilities and validate Associated Domain section:
applinks:domains should be added
- All steps should be checked. If needed, go to developer.apple.com to enable “Associated Domains” for your App ID.
To validate Custom Scheme setup for Deep linking on iOS 8. Open
Info.plistfile. Check if GetSocial URL schemes added:
Whitelist Test Devices
To get the install attribution on every install you have to whitelist your testing devices on the GetSocial Dashboard.
For more information check Whitelist Test Devices.
- App is not opened after click on the GetSocial Smart Link
Option 1. Outdated provisioning profiles after enabling “Associated Domains” for your App ID. To solve it, just download the latest provisioning profiles from Xcode settings or developer.apple.com.
Option 2. Universal links do not work with wildcard app identifiers (i.e. im.getsocial.*). You have to create a new specific app identifier and new provisioning profile for your app.
Option 3. New
app.entitlementsin not included in the correct build target. To solve the problem, include
app.entitlementsinto the desired build target.
- Customize your Smart Link Domain.
- Customize the Landing Page.
- Setup webhooks to receive app install and app open events on your backend.
- Understand how Smart Links are performing with Analytics.